Monday, March 23, 2009

Check It Out


Looking for some humor on a Monday? Aren't we all.

Check out my first writing gig. www.leelofland.com/wordpress/ You may have to page down or check older entries if you're trying to access this after Monday.

Lee Lofland's website is The Graveyard Shift, a guide to all things law enforcement, particularly for authors. I sent him a funny story about my police station tour in February with the Cub Scouts, and he asked me to be a guest blogger today. What luck. You can skip the author biography. We all know I had nothing to list there. But now I'm sure to be famous, thanks to Lee's generosity.

Have a good laugh and Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Karla said...

How cool to be asked to write on someone else's blog! And I can't believe how horrible that trip to the Police Department was. Scary!

In case you were wondering, you can be a guest writer on my blog any day. :O) I LOVE to read your stories - especially one's of the family. Any word yet on your manuscript?

Bekah said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Karla. Being a guest blogger was better than I thought. The blog owner emailed me at 1:30 pm yesterday and said it had already had 19,000 hits. Wow. His blog is WAY more popular than mine.

Agents can take up to three months to respond, so I'm not holding my breath.

Jackee said...

Congrats on the famous post, Rebekah!

Bekah said...

Thanks Jackee. I won't let it go to my head. They're his fans, not mine, but wouldn't that be cool if they were mine?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm your fan! :)

Ann said...

Rebekah,
I had trouble finding your guest blog so I e-mailed Lee Lofland at the address he has on his website. He answered right away and gave me this link directly to your article.

http://www.leelofland.com/wordpress/?p=3062

He also sent me a comment with the link: "She did a great job. Stirred up a bit of controversy, too."