Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break = Spring Cleaning



Guess what time it is? That's right--Spring Break! And though the weather is iffy at best, we haven't made plans to go anywhere. Aw shucks. That means we have plenty of time to sort through closets, toss out old or broken toys, reorganize the pantry, the basement, the office . . . well shoot! We might as well go through the whole heaping pile of junk that has become our house!


Don't worry, this is my usual reaction to spring. As soon as the trees and flowers start to bud my thoughts get all sunny, but then I look at the pigsty I've been living in all winter and I get a little depressed thinking how much work it will take to clean up. Then I get frustrated. Then I call in the troops. Then I grab my rubber gloves and we kick some cleaning butt.


So far we've folded four loads of laundry, thrown out three hefty bags of trash and filled two large boxes with outgrown toys and clothes. We might need a dumpster next; I haven't even started my room. So, while we're busy cleaning, enjoy these recent pictures of Jason's pinewood derby car (the camera battery gave out just before the race) and the party to celebrate the end of basketball season. Gee, aren't our lives exciting? Be glad you don't get the day by day account.


You win some, you lose some, which is exactly how Jason's car performed. He couldn't decide what color he wanted his car. Can you tell?

Basketball cheerleaders? Yeah, we're in the big time here. Basketball is the Indiana state sport.

Fire eating and three different sizes of unicycles. That's a class of entertainment that's almost as good as the monster truck show we saw a couple years ago. Almost. Leave it to the Midwest for a good time.
Man, I can't wait until summer for a good game of Cornhole. What? You've never heard of Cornhole? This is serious stuff. Where have you been, Cal-i-for-ni-a? We like to poke fun at ourselves here. Think of this game as Hillbilly Horseshoes with bean bags and wood cutouts instead of metal stakes and . . . horseshoes.

2 comments:

Jackee said...

Our springs are so windy, I never feel like deep cleaning. I guess I need to find something else to motivate me because you have it down! (Maybe when my kids get older???)

Unknown said...

Cornhole! We actually play it when we're up in the mountains at the Narducci Acre compound (cabins). It's a blast. And you might be happy to know that there is actually an "official" olympic competition in town where the best cornholers all get together and toss the bag with trained precision. My bro-in-law actually practiced because he wanted to compete.

Good for you and your spring cleaning. I love doing it - even if it's a HUGE chore. So refreshing to know you've FINALLY thrown out that crap you thought you might want some day. I still keep fooling myself with that one. When will I ever learn!?!