Monday, May 18, 2009

Swamped



This picture pretty much sums up my life for the month of May. I'm flooded with assignments, knee-deep in projects, dripping with school and extracurricular activities, and my mind is in a fog. Someone--please!--get me out of this place!


I won't bother to mention all the stuff we've been doing lately. Let's just say that the in-laws are arriving Friday and I'm expecting the house to be transformed by then. Did I mention Erik's gone for the week? That I'm now a single parent with multiple activities to cover? That I need to have a book ready to show at a conference in two months and all I have is the first 50 pages (which I've rewritten very poorly four times now)? That I've been waking at 3 am every morning terrorized by the thought that we've lost all the paperwork to my son's Boy Scout Eagle Project? That my daughter is obsessed and won't stop talking about puberty (thank you public school!)? And that my youngest is experimenting with new glue compounds so that every loose object in the house ends up joined to something else? My nails are bitten to the quick. My stomach hurts. My lower back twitches. I think I might have lost my mind and be headed for a breakdown.


I need summer vacation as bad as my kids do. Just one week would be enough. Let me sit in the sun with a drink in my hand, near the pool, but far enough away to keep my laptop safe, and I'll be okay. Please, someone . . . get me out of this month.

3 comments:

Annissa said...

I hear you!!! I'm looking forward to sleeping in and letting the summer days roll by!

Jennie said...

How funny. I was just about to type the exact same comment as Annissa. I guess great minds think a like. I too am ready for an end to the madness. I don't want to see one more assignment or end of the year field trip. It drives me crazy that the teachers try and cram everthing in during the last 2 weeks of school. When you have 3 kiddos in school - it is crazy! And to think... you have more kids than me. Hold on sista.... the light will come!

Bekah said...

Okay, I just finished painting the entry and the wall going up the stairs--that one where all the handprints accumulate and never wash off. Well, actually I only went as far as I could go before running out of paint 10 feet from the end. Now I see that our black cat, Phantom (Menace), has two stripes that weren't there before.

I give up. I quit. I am soooo done.
This day is over.