Thursday, July 30, 2009

Big Bloggin' Deal


So . . . I've lapsed a little on the New Year's resolution thing. Remember how I said I would update my blog every week? Well, Big Bloggin' Deal. This summer has been busy, and we only had 3 major things scheduled: summer band, family reunion, and driver's ed for two teenagers (ask me about that last one later. Yikes!). It shouldn't be so bad, right? Where did the time go???


Well, let's piece this together Sherlock Holmes style. I'm ignoring my blog, I'm ignoring YOUR blog, lunch is optional, the ladies at the pool won't say anything if I have a pad of paper nearby, and I've developed a case of Club Fist where I can't manage to put down the books I pick up.


Ah, now we see the writing on the wall. The new book is finally coming along. After months of false starts, research, plot changes, reading every book under the sun for inspiration, and innumerable interruptions, the words are finally taking hold.

So sorry to disconnect and leave you hanging for most of the summer, but real life just can't compare to a sudden rush of scene revelation where characters fight through peril and self-discovery to emerge somewhat battered and scathed, only to discover that the person they fought for is not who they imagined, but they would do it all over again because the beautiful stranger in the second row winked when their eyes met.

I'll have to catch you up on the details of our summer later.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yeah, it was a lot like that with me and Erik, but only it was in the Taco Bell line (instead of the second row). Actually...it was a little bit different, but that can be your NEXT book. :)